Mission and fees for facility use
Our mission as a member of the UC Natural Reserve System, in partnership with Yosmite National Park, Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Park, and the US Geological Survey, is "to contribute to the understanding and wise stewardship of the Earth and its natural systems by supporting university-level teaching, research, and public service at protected natural areas throughout California." Our facilities experience high demand. We cannot accommodate all requests, and prioritize use in line with our mission.
UC / NPS / USGS course and research rate
- For place-based research and UC catalog-listed courses only
- For University of California, Yosemite National Park, Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Park, or US Geological Survey programs
University course and research rate
- For non-UC universities
- For place-based research and university-listed courses only
Non-university and retreat rate
- For K-12 groups, nonprofits, independent professionals without official partnership with the University of California, Yosemite National Park, Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Park, or the US Geological Survey
- For UC/YOSE/USGS non-placed-based retreats related to the mission
- Recreational visits by any group
- Visits not supporting research, education, or public service related to our mission
- Cancellations or reduction in group sizes must be communicated to the station director at least 10 days prior to your visit to avoid extra charges. Without 10 days notice, users will be charged up to 2 days use for reserved but unused facilities.
- In the case of extreme weather or other hazards (such as fire or road closures), the station may be closed at any time at the discretion of the station director, UC Merced, and/or the Park Service. In this case, users will not be charged for cancelled reservations.
|Yosemite Field Station||UC/USGS/YOSE&SEKI NPS/USFS||Non-UC UNIVERSITY||Other (including K-12)|
|Overnight stay - site-based research, listed university courses; per person||$20/night; $300/month||$30/night; $450 month||$40/night; $600/month|
|Overnight stay - conferences, meetings, retreats; per person||$40/night|
|Office desk space; per person||$5/day; $150/month||$10/day; $300/month||$10/day; $300/month|
|Data Visualization Center (multimedia conference/meeting/lab space; capacity ~50)||free for research|
|Office meeting room (capacity ~20, with projector screen)||$50/day|
|Lab space (per 6' of bench space)||$5/day; $150/month||$10/day; $300/month||$10/day; $300/month|
|Cleaning and/or repair of excessive damage||$50/staff hour plus materials|
|SEQUOIA FIELD STATION||UC/USGS/YOSE&SEKI NPS/USFS||Non-UC University||other (including k-12)|
|Overnight stay; per person||$7.50/night|
Note: Monthly fees for stays longer than one month are pro-rated by fractional months. For example, a 45-day stay would be charged 1.5 months.